- Revenue for the three-month period ended September 30, 2022 was $10.8 million, an increase of 414% year over year
- Revenue for the nine-month period ended September 30, 2022 was $25.7 million, an increase of 510% year over year
- Gross profit for the three-month period ended September 30, 2022 was $5.0 million, an increase of 703% year over year with gross margins improving from 29.6% to 46.2%.
- Company reaffirms its 2022 revenue guidance to range between $35 million – $45 million
- Flora management to host a webcast today at 4:30PM ET
FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA, TORONTO, ONTARIO – November 28, 2022 — Flora Growth Corp. (NASDAQ: FLGC) (“Flora” or the “Company”), a leading all-outdoor cultivator, manufacturer and distributor of global cannabis products and brands, reported today its financial and operating results for the third quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2022. All financial information is provided in U.S. dollars unless indicated otherwise.
“The third quarter of 2022 was another exciting quarter for Flora as we continued to lay the foundation of our business for the long-term,” said Luis Merchan, Chairman and CEO of Flora Growth. “During the quarter, we exported products to several new markets, including distribution of our Colombian grown high-CBD dried cannabis flower to Switzerland and the Czech Republic, as well as CBD isolate to the United States. Our global distribution network, coupled with our high-quality Colombian flower and derivatives, leave Flora well positioned to capitalize on the evolving global cannabis landscape.”
“Subsequent to the quarter, we signed a definitive agreement to acquire Franchise Global Health, a pharmaceutical and medical cannabis distributor with principal operations in Germany. This transformative deal would connect our Colombian commercial infrastructure and product portfolio to the German and EU cannabis markets, allowing Flora to significantly increase its international footprint.
“As we look ahead to the end of the year, we expect to finalize the transaction and solidify our presence in the European cannabis market. With our industry leading production costs and expanding global footprint, we believe our business is well positioned to accelerate growth into 2023 and beyond.”
3Q2022 Financial Highlights
- Total revenue for the quarter was $10.8 million, an increase of 414% year over year, driven by Flora’s House of Brands division, which includes the acquisitions of JustCBD and Vessel.
- Gross profit increased to approximately $5.0 million, up approximately 703% year over year.
- Gross margin in the quarter improved from 29.6% to 46.2% year over year, and demonstrated a gradual improvement from 43.9% during 1H2022.
- Net loss was approximately $7.4 million compared to a net loss of $3.6 million in 3Q 2021. Net loss margins reduced year over year, year to date, and in comparison to 1H2022.
- Adjusted EBITDA (a non-IFRS measure defined below) was $(3.9) million compared to $(3.1) million in 3Q 2021. Adjusted EBITDA margin improved significantly from -150.1 % in 3Q2021 to -36.5 % in 3Q2022. For a reconciliation of these non-IFRS financial measures to the most directly comparable IFRS financial measures, please see Table 4 under “Reconciliation of IFRS to non-IFRS financial results” included at the end of this release.
- As of September 30, 2022, the Company had approximately $5.9 million in cash compared to $37.6 million as of December 31, 2021. The decrease was primarily due to cash paid for the acquisition of JustCBD, as well as higher operating expenses related to investments in headcount, sales and marketing and one-time expenses associated with Cosechemos operations and the Flora Lab expansion.
Flora Q3 Financial Tables
- Flora Growth remains on track to meet its 2022 revenue guidance of $35-45 million.
Recent Operational Highlights
- Announced the appointment of former JP Morgan executive Brandon Konigsberg to Flora’s Board of Directors and former Amazon executive Elshad Garayev as the Company’s Chief Financial Officer
- Announced a joint venture with Colombia’s largest indigenous tribe to process and distribute cannabis products throughout the country
- Acquired the No Cap Hemp Co. brand, bolstering new product offerings and revenue streams for the expanding House of Brands division
- Awarded Best M&A Deal at the Benzinga Cannabis Capital Conference for the acquisition of JustCBD
- Completed multiple commercial cannabis and CBD isolate exports to international markets in the United States, Switzerland and the Czech Republic
- Signed a definitive agreement to acquire Franchise Global Health (FGH). While the completion of the transaction is subject to customary closing conditions for a transaction of such nature, including a formal vote by FGH shareholders, FGH shareholders holding in excess of 73% of FGH’s outstanding shares have agreed to vote in favor of the transaction.
Earnings Call: November 28, 2022, at 4:30PM ET
Live Webcast Details
Date: Monday, November 28, 2022
Time: 4:30 p.m. ET
Online Participant Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_zaiec74LQyGi_I9YYxCOOQ
The recording will be available on the Company’s investor page until November 2023.
The webcast will be available online through the above participant link and will be archived and available on the Company’s website within approximately 24 hours.
About non-IFRS financial measures
To supplement our condensed consolidated financial statements, which are prepared and presented in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”), we use the following non-IFRS financial measures: Adjusted EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDA margin.
- Adjusted EBITDA is a non-IFRS financial measure that does not have any standardized meaning prescribed by IFRS and may not be comparable to similar measures presented by other companies. The Company calculates adjusted EBITDA as total net loss, plus (minus) income taxes (recovery), plus (minus) interest expense (income), plus depreciation and amortization, plus (minus) non-operating expense (income), plus share based compensation, plus impairment charges, plus (minus) unrealized loss (income) from changes in fair value, plus charges related to the flow-through of inventory step-up on business combinations, plus other acquisition and transaction costs, plus (minus) non-cash fair value adjustments on the sale of inventory and biological assets.
- Adjusted EBITDA margin % is a non-IFRS financial measure that does not have any standardized meaning prescribed by IFRS and may not be comparable to similar measures presented by other companies. The Company calculates adjusted EBITDA margin % as adjusted EBITDA, as described above, divided by revenue for the period.
About Flora Growth Corp.
Flora is building a connected, design-led collective of plant-based wellness and lifestyle brands, designed to deliver the most compelling customer experiences in the world, one community at a time. As the operator of one of the largest outdoor cannabis cultivation facilities, Flora leverages natural, cost-effective cultivation practices to supply cannabis derivatives to its commercial, house of brands, and life sciences divisions. Visit www.floragrowth.com or follow @floragrowthcorp on social media for more information.
Sean Mansouri, CFA
+1 (858) 221-8001
Cautionary Statement Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains ‘‘forward-looking statements,’’ as defined by federal securities laws. Forward-looking statements reflect Flora’s current expectations and projections about future events at the time, and thus involve uncertainty and risk. The words “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “will,” “could,” “would,” “should,” “may,” “plan,” “estimate,” “intend,” “predict,” “potential,” “continue,” and the negatives of these words and other similar expressions generally identify forward looking statements. Such forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties, including those described under the section entitled “Risk Factors” in Flora’s Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC on May 9, 2022, as amended, as such factors may be updated from time to time in Flora’s periodic filings with the SEC, which are accessible on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. Accordingly, there are or will be important factors that could cause actual outcomes or results to differ materially from those indicated in these statements. These factors should not be construed as exhaustive and should be read in conjunction with the other cautionary statements that are included in this release and in Flora’s filings with the SEC. While forward-looking statements reflect Flora’s good faith beliefs, they are not guarantees of future performance. Flora disclaims any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement to reflect changes in underlying assumptions or factors, new information, data or methods, future events or other changes after the date of this press release, except as required by applicable law. You should not place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which are based only on information currently available to Flora (or to third parties making the forward-looking statements).